Greetings one and all-
Just thought I would update the ole blog once more. I went and voted this morning, my first time in Texas in the democratic primary. Although, I do not consider myself to be affiliated with one party or the other, I had to choose just one of them today and I wanted to cast my vote for Obama. So, yay, political process.... I guess....
I also did pulpit supply this past Sunday in Taylor, TX- I really had fun there and recommend it as a place to visit (the church at least). This Sunday, being the 24th, also was a big day for three reasons- all having to do with dates- so check it- my buddy Donovan turned 45 this past Sunday. My father will turn 60 exactly 3 months from the 24th of February, and in exactly 15 months from Feb 24th- I will graduate (pending successful class passing, etc) from seminary. Yep- the date is set for graduation 09!
Other than that, classes are going well, I am enjoying my exegetical class on James and my advanced pastoral care class the best this semester.
Oh, and in hockey related news- today was an exciting day across the boards with the trade deadline being here. Of course, the Hurricanes had to send yet another player away, but, the new guy did pick up an assist in tonight's victory against the Devils.... so that's something, although, yet another injury occurred this evening- the Canes are going to have to remain scrappy I guess, because they are playing pretty aggressive, solid hockey despite having some key people out for the season (or periods of it) and having traded away some of the Stanley Cup guys... This time of year, really makes me wish I could be in Carolina- so I could watch the games as opposed to listening to them on the computer, but alas... Maybe they will make it far enough in the playoffs that I will be able to catch a game when I come home this summer.
Did I mention that one yet? I (was and I) accepted (into) a summer chaplaincy (equivalent to an internship) program at Wake Med Hospital- so I will be spending the summer back in NC, which hopefully will be a great experience.
Finally, my great-aunt Fran passed away today. She was the last of my Grandmother's sisters and I know it's hard on her. So if you can, please keep my grandma Graham and Bill, Fran's son, in your prayers as they deal with the loss.
Thanks and take care,
Carrie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so excited you'll be in town for the summer! Maybe you can teach Connor and Matthew how to play kickball! -Margot
Post a Comment