Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Where does the time go?

Hi all-
so, it's been a week since my last post (sorry for the absence) and there has been a lot of the usual going on here in Texas, primaries have been held (looks to be split between the states), the weather has been ridiculous- burning skin hot one day, freezing cold the next- okay, maybe not freezing, but dang it was chilly, classes keep progressing, etc.
This weekend was full of childhood like sports for me. Friday night our kickball team played (and won) again and then on Saturday I played in a flag-football tourney with a bunch of seminary folks against a bunch of other random teams (27 teams in all) and we won one of our three games, which, according to those who played in it last year, was an improvement from last year, I had fun and got a little sun-burned for the effort.
I have seen a few movies since I have been back in town (including one this past Saturday night) and there are a couple I would recommend- Juno, Charlie Bartlett, There Will Be Blood, In Bruges and 27 Dresses (if you like formulaic romantic comedies) and there are a few that I would recommend that you stay FAR FAR AWAY FROM: Meet the Spartans, Vantage Point and Be Kind, Rewind. Still, others, like Semi-Pro and Atonement and Definitely, Maybe were all right I guess.
I go to my first captains' meeting for Relay for Life tomorrow night so that should be fun (I hope) and at the very least, informative (again, I hope). Our team, the Austin Seminarrrians are currently the third highest fund-raisers for the central Austin RFL which is pretty cool.
I don't have too much else to report, paper turned today, test yesterday, next week is spring break- which seems weird to be so early in the semester- which also begins with Day Light Savings time this Sat/Sun.... which also seems really early this year too...
Oh well, hope you are all well wherever and whoever you are that is reading this little blog.
Take care,
Carrie

No comments: