Hi all-
I know it's been a few days since I last posted. Well, I am officially into my 4th semester of seminary, having completed my first week of classes. I think this semester should prove to be interesting as I continue to work on my required classes (only one elective this term). I guess I am glad to be back in the classroom, however, I kind of liked those days that didn't have hours of reading built into them. Let's see... what's going on... uhm, I lost at bowling tonight against Jose and Melissa, oh well... Last night our kickball team won it's first game of the season, which was pretty fun despite the cold front and rain that moved in at the same time. I also attended two memorial services this week, Jack Stotts on Sunday and I was a pall bearer for Stan Hall's funeral yesterday. That was a good, long, sad funeral and David Johnson is a magnificant preacher. I had never been a pall bearer before, it was an unusual experience, but I was deeply touched to be asked to be a part of Stan's service. The whole thing is still so surreal.
Other than that, the week has proceeded along just fine, two papers turned in already, another in the works for Tuesday, and while I didn't see a new movie this week, I did however go to the Alamo Drafthouse for the Love Bites Power Balllad sing-a-long and had a great time with some of my friends watching and singing along with some awesome (-ly bad) songs of my childhood. I have gotten to the gym a lot this week as well, my schedule, if for nothing else, is really amenable to fitting in the gym this semester which I am grateful for.
It is looking more and more like I will be in Cary/Raleigh this coming summer for my Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) program. So that will be good.
In othter news, check out this link if you are a Presbyterian: http://www.pres-outlook.com/tabid/2164/Article/6899/Default.aspx -as a candidate, it is a good thing to be aware of.
Also, the Canes have strung together 3 wins in a row including tonight's game, that makes me happy, although, I wish Pittsburgh wasn't so crippling to my team, their latest diablitating Roddy for the rest of the season... but it sounds like it was a good win tonight.
That's about all I can think of right now. I hope you are all doing well in cyberland.
Take care,
C
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment