Thursday, March 26, 2009

What's Going on...

Hi all-
Once again, I apologize on my less than diligent blogging exercise. So- since I last posted, I have gone on my spring break trip and had another week of school.
Spring break began for me 2 Thursdays ago when Sarah and I drove up to Dallas to watch the Hurricanes play the Stars- unfortunately, the Canes didn't win, but I had fun watching my boys anyways. (I only had to wait three years for their schedule to bring them to Dallas)...

Then- last Monday, Sarah, Melissa and I headed to the gulf shore area in Alabama for a week of relaxing on the gulf. It was a good trip. We were not far from the white sand beach and the cottage we rented was on this property with a very nice pool and hot-tub which we frequented often in our short time there. Outside of playing bocci on the beach and in the water (which resulted in loosing one of my bocci balls) we also took a hike in a state park to look for alligators- we saw one!, took a (turned out to be) private boat cruise at sunset and had a wine/cheese/fudge party there and saw dolphins. We also played some putt-putt at a pirate themed course- very cool- played the Wii, ate some really good food and just chilled out. We ended our trip with a one day/night detour in New Orleans- one of my favorite cities. There we explored the city via the street car and on foot and ate some more good food and then, explored the night life a little as well. We were back in our hotel room by 10pm just so you know.
On Saturday after a stop at Cafe Du Monde we headed back to Austin.
Monday turned out to be a pretty good day because I learned then that I had passed my last ordination exam and now, all that is left is my final assessment (which is next Thursday) and then I will be able to start to seek a call! It's been a long process, but it seems almost unreal that this time is wrapping up already. I only have 6 more weeks of classes in my seminary career.
The rest of the week has been back to the proverbial grind of being a student. I preach my senior sermon on Monday next week, so this week in class we have been deconstructing it and exegeting the text around it. Fun.
So that's it for me. I will be flying home next Wed night and will be in NC for a couple of days for my final assessment and what not (and see the Canes play again!).

Anyways- best to you all. C

No comments: