Hi all-
I feel like I should do another update, but there really hasn't been a lot going on to update about. I have been wearing the collar now for 8 days and nothing monumental has happened, just a lot of weird looks. I feel more comfortable in it now.
However, if one were to link together this collar wearing, lent, end of the seminary journey, reading the book "The Year of Living Biblically" (by AJ Jacobs- which I highly recommend by the way) and class readings/discussions, you would find perhaps, small, yet significant changes going on within me and with those around me.
Take for instance, and I am trying to type this cautiously/delicately- there have been some hatchets buried so to speak that have happened over the last week. I don't know how that happened exactly, but uhm, relationships have been mended/fostered that I never saw coming. I find myself thinking more and more about how I present myself, what I say and how I act/react to the world around me. I am more aware and am trying to amend certain things.
Now, I know this might read a little weird- but the point is, that I don't think it's just the collar that is making me see the world a little differently, but yet, it is a part of it.
In just over two weeks we get ords results back. On that day, regardless of the outcome, at least then I begin painting over the looming black hole that is May 25th and beyond. One week after ord result day I will be going for my final assessment back in NC- another momentous hurdle to face and one of the last ones (God willing) before searching for a call.
So- if you want to know what's going on in my life it's that. The unknown future.
And of course, there is always room for the Carolina Hurricanes, who by the way, just stomped up on the Calgary Flames. Another very good thing. And then there is the Duke- Carolina game tomorrow. But, I digress.
So that's it for now. Maybe something interesting will happen soon...
Till then- take care!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment