Hi all-
Sometimes there is nothing better than taking a nap. After driving down to Eagle Lake to lead worship and back, I was a little tired (it probably doesn't help that I didn't sleep much the night before) and so I took a great nap. Anyways- Eagle Lake is probably best known for it's prairie chickens preserve and that it is also where thousands of geese winter at (and are hunted there). It's a quaint little town (population just over 3,000) that still feels like a small town. After worship one of the ladies took me to lunch at a little hotel and it was a fantastic meal- brunch including made to order omlets, grits, and a Texas shaped waffle- yep- Texas sure loves itself. The church I went to this morning will be turning 100 in 2009 and today we had an attendance of 10, which was slightly intimidating at first (smallest congregation that I have led worship with before) but it turned out to be quite a good service.
Let's see- since I last wrote, not too much has changed or gone on, had another paper due that I turned in a whole 14 minutes before it was due! And I got an honorarium from some funeral home in Georgetown that I wasn't expecting for some work I did in August here in Austin. I got a used road bike a couple of weeks ago and on Tuesday, Melissa and I took our bikes on this road trail to try out her brand new bike and my new to me bike. It was kind of cool, having a road just for bikes. I also found a camera finally to replace the one the NorthWest Airlines stole from me and ordered it yesterday- so come next weekend, I will probably be adding in photos again with the posts.
Well- that's the latest for me, another busy week ahead but it should be a good one!
Take care-
Carrie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment