Friday, September 28, 2007

another update

Hi all-
My friend Ryan said I don't update this enough- so I decided to write tonight...

Where to begin? Perhaps I should start with this has been a decidingly long day. I am exhausted but I know sleep will not come easy this night. But, the moon is almost full and for some reason, seeing it hanging in the sky- well it makes me think of happier days.

It's been a rough couple of weeks with bad/sad things happening with so many of the people I care about and today one of those bad things happened to me.
While I was in class this morning, my apartment was broken into. The person who broke in stole my identity- my passport, birth certificate, social security card, my spare car keys, some jewelry and my two (one old, one new) video cameras. And I think a bit of my security. I realized that as I climbed the steps to my apartment tonight that I was scared to reach the top of the steps. I mean not in an overwhelmingly way where I had to get out of here, but in a more subtle, loss of trust sort of way. I don't know how to reconcile that just yet- I am working on it. I have been praying for the person who broke in. Hoping that something he saw in my apartment might have caused pause (I mean there's Bibles and crosses and pictures of the young people that have passed before me and theology books a plenty all over the place) and that at some point he will come to terms with his decission to steal. I pray that he has a change of heart. I don't know why I pray this, but I feel compelled to.
The burden of the world makes me sad today. Some times I wish we weren't invited into full participation of humanity, of creation. Some times...

So, perhaps tonight, on this occassion, perhaps with out knowing who these people are or what their particular story is, perhaps not even needing to know, those of you who read this, perhaps tonight (or whenever you read this) you will take a few moments and pray. Pray for Meghan, pray for Sam, pray for Kevin, pray for Kenny, pray for Ruth, pray for Smokey, pray for Jamie, pray for Sarah, pray for Billie, pray for Fred, pray for Mindy, pray for Kaci (the original), pray for Matthew, pray for the person who needed to break in, pray for Ethan, pray for Butch, pray for Al, pray for Lisa, pray for Nelda, pray for Marquita, pray for Bill, pray for Jane, pray for all those who hurt and suffer in the world. And pray for me.

Thanks and good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bummer- your apartment must have been cleaner than last time...
just kidding! Sounds like way worse than our break in in Durham years ago. talk to you soon! -Margot