Saturday, August 18, 2007

Wrapping up my time in NC

Hi all-
I am getting ready to wrap up my visit to the Old North State and thought I would take a moment to say thanks to all the people I got the opportunity to spend time with while I was here. This week seems to have flown by. I did manage to get down to Wilmington to see Tom and Allison and the beach- Texas surely has nothing on the NC coast. The water was clear and warm, the beach clean- it was a very good day. Tom and I also went by our old college so I could get some new UNCW stuff (got a hat) and I caught up briefly with one of my profs. Also this week- Brad and I went (successfully) geo-cacheing and found 5 different catches through out Durham- however the one at First Pres still elludes us... Yesterday, my mom, Kenny, Ruth and I celebrated my brother's birthday a couple of days early as we grilled out some tuna steaks and played the game of Life. It was a nice evening. Kenny will be 33 Monday- happy birthday brother.


Ok... so I just went to postsecrets.com and watched a four minute video that has been made about the project- I think you should watch it too. It's pretty amazing... heres the link to the video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6rTkp1dek4

Well, there is lots more that I can write, but I don't know how interesting any of it is, so I will stop now. All the best to all of you.
Carrie

No comments: